Thursday, February 3, 2011

Too long!

Re-united and it feels so good!
The Par- TAY! Celebrating Stace and G!
The MOST incredible group of friends, hands down.


Mom, Dad, brother, and his girlfriend!


Cousins and Gma!




Ooopp, we hit an unexpected bump! Perfect timing with the snap.

Aunt Jan & I- what a woman of courage and hope!



Wow, it has now been over 2 months since I wrote my last blog post- unacceptable and lame! Good stuff to share, praise the Lord!

Christmas break was much needed and SO RICH! Nothing like stepping off the plane to the surprise of my lovely parents, Manny, Stacie, Grant, and Kate dressed in tacky Christmas clothes. I wasn't sure if I should pee in excitement or cry, feeling overwhelmed with joy!


Walking into two weeks, it seems like a long time. When you haven't gotten to see so many who you adore however, it flies by faster than you could imagine! Being back in North Carolina was not "restful" in the slow down and get some sleep sense, but so thankful for the ways the Lord used it to renew my spirit. It's amazing how quickly we can become tired when we are not allowing the Lord to fill us up fully- that was where I was at! My dear friend Kate reminded me as I was praying, "Lord, I am desperate for you" that although yes.. I am in great need of Jesus- but I am not desperate. He doesn't hold back in loving on and pouring into his children that he adores. Gosh, so thankful for this reminder! So refreshing to be around so many that I love and am loved on so well- to get to not do the intro/get to know each other chat (as much as I love that).. and to be able to just dive into the heart! JUST REMINDED HOW BLESSED I AM to have a family and community to loves me so well- whether I am in a funk processing stuff, or laughing to the point of tears. So thankful! Coming back to the island with such a fresh perspective and renewed vision/ excitement! It continues to be such a crazy honor to live here and walk with so beautiful and unique people. I see the kingdom coming here on this island, and its AMAZING to get to walk in that!

Some highlights from the break- ALWAYS FUN :)
Finally getting to celebrate the love birds- Stace and Grant! Mom and dad are the best party planners there are. Nothing like having all the crew back together to celebrate- it was perfect! Watch out world, the Meiburgs are coming- and that's A LOT of love right there!


Sleepovers with Anna, Stace, and Elyse. Mom bringing coffee in bed and making us feel like queens (she's good at that). Dinner party with the Durham crew to celebrate oh so many things! Staying up until 4am chatting with Josh. VISITS, VISITS, VISITS!

Family time- whether it was all the New Bern Christmas traditions (brunch at the party shack, oyster roast, gma's birthday, etc), or even just curling up on the sofa. SO NICE to be in their presence. Many many funny grandma quotes about why I am "really here", haha.


What left me floored was the pictures from the snow. When I left for Honduras, I knew that God wanted me here but it was so hard to leave aunt Jan who was so sick at the time. Thank you for your prayers- the Lord is such a powerful healer! Please take note of the picture of us playing in the SNOW. CRAZY- when I left she barely had the lung strength to get to the bathroom and we were able to outplay the kids in the snow running up and down the hills to sled this Christmas! Simply said, AMAZING! Continue to pray with us!








No comments:

Post a Comment