Sunday, October 3, 2010

Always Enough!

Hello lovely ones!

Missing a lot of you right now but just continue to pray over your lives in excitement of what is being done/ will be done in and through you! Sorry that my blog posts have been few and far between, but thank you for caring about me and desiring to get some glimpses of life here. I really am constantly amazed at all the wonderful people the Lord has placed in my life, love walking and learning from yall!

Since our trip to Copan.....

It was a wonderful feeling to get back from a long weekend so ready to hug my kids and get to hear about their vacations. School continues to be a challenge- I am still facing a large number of behavioral issues, negative attitudes, complaining, lack of willingness to work/ turn in work, etc. This past week I created a new rule that it's mandatory to stay in during recess if you haven't finished your work. Although its hard to have breaks taken up and to be tuturing students after school (12 hour days), I really praise the Lord for the opportunity to help teach and hopefully help mold them. I am praying that far beyond them learning Science and Math, that they would learn who the Lord is, his heart for them, and also what he calls them to be. A lot of these kids come from broken homes, or their fathers are gone most of the time on cruise ships trying to make enough money to be housed and eat meals.... so attention, encouragement, affirmation, love, and guidance is huge! I have been learning a lot about having grace with myself, especially the days where I am exhausted and frustrated. Last weekend it really hit me that I have been trying to work and serve in so many ways within my own strength. It's possible to a certain extent, but its exhausting and completely robs Jesus from being able to truly move, bless, and use this time/ the relationships in life changing ways! I am continueing to learn what a beautiful place it is to be on my knees hungry and desperate for the Lord's love :). The amazing thing is when I become less, he becomes more- and thats when there are crazy amounts of room for his love to overflow!!

Last year a lady at church encouraged me with some words from the Lord, in which Heidi Baker was mentioned. At the time it didn't mean much to me because I had only heard of her name. Once again, the Lord has really spoken to me though, through that encouragement and through her book. ( Reading Always Enough- HIGHLY recommend it :). This gives a beautiful picture of what the Lord invites us into- a picture of two people who trust that the Lord is who he says he is and beause of that they have gotten to experience the limless power he desires to unleash. They have gotten to rescue hundreds of throw away kids in Africa, and have started 5 thousand churches...it's story after story of the Lord miraculously healing sicknesses, providing in crazy ways, restoring the completely broken, and even raising others from the dead. We hear this and get freaked out, but if the Lord says " you will do this and more", why would we want to miss out on his limitless power? I realize how much I am held back by my "self" -wanting to be noticed, by my selfishness and pride. But I continue to encounter his grace, mercy, and love over me and continue to be changed. My life is his, and my prayer continues to be that he would take and do as he pleases- to stop talking about who he is but to actually walk in trust of who he is! Please continue to join me in this prayer!

Even before I ever stepped onto the island I felt that teaching at the school was only a portion of what I would be doing on this island. The past couple weeks have been encouraging to get to start building relationships and get involved on the island in different ways. There is a couple at our church that has started ESL classes in the colonia (poorest section of the island), which has been exciting to get a glimpse of that ministry and get to be a part of it. I have decided that thats just a little too much teaching, especially since my heart is in so many different places. I met another Heidi Baker, excepts hes a man and lives on the island. Harrison had told me about his ministry on the island, and praise the Lord I met him in the line to get lunch last week. He invited us over thursday night and so many prayers have been answered. Thankful that he saw a need on the island and was bold enough to step out in faith and allow the Lord to reach the people here. It's taken MANY different forms, but basically those who are at risk or have been sucked into sex trafficking/ drug trafficking are being rescued, healed, and taught so many other ways of life!!!! Sewing classes, computer classes, hospitality training, health clinics, housing, soccer leagues, english/ spanish classes, counseling.... the list goes on! So encouraged and excited to join these faithful and bold people.... praying what exactly that is supposed to look like- but ready to jump in!

1 comment:

  1. E- that's very cool that you're able to be a part of so many life-changing experiences for other people...teaching, human trafficking/sex trafficking rescue, training, healing....wow that is amazing! We're praying for you and love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete