Saturday, October 23, 2010

Holla!

Yesterday as I was walking into the school I saw Tonito carry out of the cafeteria a huge mouse/rat. Next thing I know Nina's dad runs out, pulls a sneak attack and just wHackS it with a huge hammer. Did I mention that this was at 6:55am in front of about 30 students and a few teachers. Maybe its one of those " I had to be there things", but I literally was crying in laughter!

After school we got to watch the girls rock it in a volleyball match! So fun to join in and help make up school cheers. We are the crabs :) After the game we had a big bus filled with kids and headed over to the Alvarado's house for our first high school night! So fun to move past being Miss Erin in my hunter green CPBS polo and khaki's, and become friend. Loved playing soccer/ volleyball, helping teach them the fine art of making s'mores, and to just not hold back in having fun with them! Jess and Amber led worship, and then I got to share the Lord with them! My talk was about the Samaritan woman at the well, and how our wells are where we run to be satisfied. I loved getting to be raw with them, to not just speak out of knowledge, but thankfully out of experience- what he's done in my life! We had a blast and I can't wait to see what is to come :). Praise the Lord, it was a beautiful start!

This morning little Ederick ( my neighbor with autism) who wouldn't speak to us the first 2 months of being here decided to come play and hang out! We got to sit at the table and shuffle through ipod songs, learn spanish & english words associated with pictures, draw, color, and watch All Dogs Go to Heaven! That's a good first day together :) What an amazing morning surprise- he is precious! That's a huge prayer answered to be building a relationship with him- it's taken a little while! The Lord is so good, and SO intentional down to the little details- LOVE IT!

Right now we are on hurricane lock down. Richard, or Little Dicky as I prefer to call it is supposed to roll through very early in the am. I am not worried, but pray for the large amount of people here that either don't have a home or their homes are made of tin scraps. We shall see what the morning looks like, it could end up BEAUTIFUL like the last 2! Usually the power is the first thing to go. On that note- must go shower! Love to you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment