Friday, September 10, 2010

Faith that moves mountains!


Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, PRAISE the Lord! Yesterday I woke up to a sky filled with clouds, so bright that they almost appeared to be a rainbow. As I started the day praying with my little Honduras family over Aunt Jan, tears were rolling down my cheeks in thanks that our God only offers HOPE! Thank you to SO MANY who have been prayer warriors over Jan, Jack, and the boys this past month! Many of you have been so faithful to ask updates, sorry that it has been a little while since my last email, but know that your prayers have been powerful :). Yesterday she went in for round 3 of chemo and her first CT since we discovered the cancer. She is responding to the chemo and the cancer is shrinking!! The doctor was pleased with what he saw and is going to continue 2 more rounds, then evaluate again. I tell her often but I have been floored, watching the grace and strength of my aunt in walking through this process! What a beautiful picture of a daughter who knows her Father is good, and who has faith and love that will move mountains! What a testimony it has already been to so many just to watch the way shes clinging to the Lord through all this... and even on the hardest days the Lord's joy is still shining in her! WOW- only God can do that! So thankful to get to walk with and learn from her! Romans 8 is a huge part of my story, the Lord uses ALL things to work together for good! I know he will use this for good!
Luke 1:37, Nothing is impossible for God! Thank you so much for all your bold prayers- PLEASE DO NOT STOP! Our Father is SO FAR beyond doctors words, and medicine (even though they are a blessing).. he is ultimate healer! Amongst SO MANY, one of my ransom prayers is that her lungs would allow her to laugh hard and not have to hold back.... it excites me to think about all the prayers of everyone together- lets keep asking, that's what He calls/ invites us to do! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to ALL of you for your prayers for as Erin stated, He is the ultimate healer! I am SOOOO blessed to have Erin as my prayer warrior and she has provided me with so much encouragement and strength. She is an angel!! My prayer for all of you in Honduras is to continue touching the lives of the children, the community and those you live with day after day. God has put you in that place to share His love and message to all.

    Love you Erin! See you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, you know exactly how to state things when everyone else is left speechless and not knowing what to say. God is the ultimate healer!! Jan is such a strong individual and are so fortunate to have her in our family. We need to keep the prayers coming in though...Thank you for your faithfulness and tell all your friends in Honduras hello.

    Love you bunches!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete