Thursday, August 5, 2010

Here we go!

In 3 days I will be stepping off of a plane to live in Roatan Honduras! The greatest thing is that I have no clue what to expect in this next year, but I certainly come SO expectant! Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us". I praise the Lord for this opportunity, the only reason I desire & am able to go and love boldly is because He has loved me perfectly first!

I am so thankful and excited to share this journey with you- my prayer is that together we would continue to be LEFT IN AWE of God!

I will be teaching 6th grade at a Christian bilingual school, and can't wait to meet all my precious children :). I am learning what it looks like to surrender my dreams, my plans, my hopes, and fears... to trust and simply follow him! After graduating from Appalachian in Sociology I would've never dreamed that I would be working at a hotel on Kiawah Island for a year and then set off to teach in Honduras! His plans are perfect! I love that in all the craziness, and all the changes, the one thing that stays consistent is that my Father's faithful and He's good! I have no clue how to teach & don't know Spanish, but at the end of the year if these kids learn & know that they are His beloved, loved and adored- that's huge!

Community is such a blessing, thankful to get to continue to walk with all of you! Please keep me updated on your lives! CAN'T WAIT! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin!
    I dedicated about 3 years of my life in college leading service trips to Honduras. Words cannot explain the way it impacted my life! I was so thrilled to read that you are going there to teach! Have a wonderful time and I can't wait to keep reading your blog to see all the wonderful things God is doing in your life!
    -Kelly Lawrence

    ReplyDelete