Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Orientation!

Praise the Lord! My heart is overwhelmed with joy and thanks :). This morning we started out orientation with worship and prayer... it leaves me in tears to hear everything in both english and spanish! Just to look around the room at all the teachers, it's the most beautiful picture of the body! We had the opportunity to share our stories, what brought us to teach at the Children's palace, and basically whatever we wanted to. It was such an honor to get to stand up and share my story- the Lord's good! Even though a lot of us are different races, from different parts of the world, and speak different languages... our common bond is the strongest of them all- the love of the Lord! The islanders have been amazing at just welcoming us right in! Just got to play soccer with Roberto and my sweet maintenance friend (names are sometimes hard to understand the first time, still working on that)! Even though my shirt is literally dripping with swet, it feels good to connect with the natives and brush up on my long lost soccer skills! Friday we should be able to get a cell phone, and hopefully get a little more time on the internet to be a bit more in touch! I love you all very much and just light up to show everyone here pictures and stories of my family and friends! Have to go, we are about to be assigned our rooms! Hope to make it very welcoming and colorful for the kids, even though I don't have a lot of resources! Thankful for the ones we do have though- they stretch far! Talk to you soon lovely ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment