Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 1, HAY!

Thank you so much everyone for praying, I feel completely better- praise the Lord! Watching me eat the past few days, you literally would think I hadn’t eaten in weeks. Oh the beauty of enjoying food, mmm mmm good! Note to self, no taco restaurants on the street! This past week has consisted of getting the classroom ready/ lesson plans from sun up to sun down. My thumbs and wrists will be jacked from coloring and taping! It has been so helpful to crank out long days in order to feel a bit more prepared in starting! Today is Open House, and we start full force Wednesday. I love praying over my kids and their families by name, but it’s going to be delightful to finally get to know them! My class has grown to 10, but they are still expecting more to sign up. It’s just so crazy walking into this adventure, I have no clue what I am doing or what to expect, but I can’t wait for it! The Lord is already blessing so many relationships here! Our new neighbors just moved into the apartment above us, and they are lovely! One thing that I love about God is he is so intentional with details! The mom only speaks Spanish but after spending some time around the kids and listening to her speak of some difficulties with the son, it became obvious to me that he has undiagnosed autism. With my experience working with the most amazing Brett in Boone, I developed a heart for and some tools that could be helpful! Praying for opportunity to build a relationship with them!
Friday night, when Regan (our friend/ school busdriver) was taking us home, we encouraged the bus to go out to dinner all together and it was the best decision. Going out is a splurge, but we defiantly found our splurge spot! It turned out the owner of the Thai restaurant is from Charleston South Carolina and his dad owns AW Shucks- it's such a small world, I love it! Saturday was spent doing our long range planning for school, so when Sunday arrived we were more than ready and so excited! I have a feeling that no where else in my life will we be catching water taxi's (small motor boats) to get to church- THAT'S TIGHT! The community at the RChurch that we went to both last and this week is so refreshing. So much of the island are a community of people who are trying to escape their lives, but its so beautiful when the Lord starts tearing those walls down and getting raw! We got to spend the rest of the day on West Bay soaking up the rays, splashing in the water with the kids, and meeting new people- that is what I call a wonderful day! They ended the service with one of my favorite songs, which just made my heart estatic! It has been a daily prayer of mine ever since blaring it with Stacie every morning in Boone! Its called From the Inside Out by Hillsong United! We are missing the point when our walk becomes about what people see from the outside, verses the true inward tranformation that the Lord longs for us! Its a daily challenge, but I love that Jesus just says come, plain and simple. As you are I love you with an unwavering love, I will meet you where you are at, but expect that your life, your heart, and your perspective will never be the same! It is a messy, but life changing, mind blowing, grace filled, and BEAUTIFUL process! So thankful to be in the process!

A thousand times I've failed, Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again,Still I'm caught in your grace
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
My heart and my soul, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise, become my embrace
To love You from the inside out
Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
My heart, my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
..........

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! So glad today was a better day for you. North Carolina is preparing for Hurricane Earl. They have a mandatory evacuation from Ocracoke, for visitors, optional for residents.
    Natalie is home visiting this week and has gone to see Ben. She said that Earl hit St. Kitts this past weekend.
    Love you and miss you. Aunt Ida

    ReplyDelete